Former Assistant District Attorney with Drug Crime Defense Experience
Drug crimes can be associated with severe penalties. Due to the severity of the consequences you may face as a result of a conviction, you should waste no time in acquiring a knowledgeable San Antonio drug crime defense attorney.
Be proactive in your acquisition of legal representation, and do not allow the stress of the situation to become overwhelming and cloud your judgment. This can only harm your case, as a criminal trial without adequate defense is likely to end unfavorably. In some cases, depending on your citizenship status, you may risk deportation.
Attorney Sophia Martinez is a San Antonio drug crimes lawyer who can help you resolve your legal issues on the most favorable terms. She has over 25 years of experience successfully handling these types of cases. Through one-on-one consultations, a thorough analysis of case details, and the application of extensive legal know-how, she can construct a strong defense against all charges presented against you.
State Narcotics Offenses
The misuse of controlled substances is an issue that San Antonio law enforcement does not take lightly. Crimes of this sort include possession, distribution, and trafficking of controlled substances.
Texas Drug Penalty Groups
In the state of Texas, drug crimes are governed under The Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970, commonly referred to as the Controlled Substances Act. According to Chapters 481 through 486 of the Texas Health and Safety Code, drugs are separated into penalty groups, each of which carries a sentencing requirement. Some of the penalty group structures are as follows:
- Penalty Group 1: Opium, Ketamine, Methadone, Methamphetamine, Cocaine, Heroin, Oxycodone, and more than 300 mg of Hydrocodone.
- Penalty Group 1 – A: Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD)
- Penalty Group 2: Ecstasy, Mushrooms, Mescaline, Amphetamine, Psilocybin, and Methaqualone, THC(wax/oil)
- Penalty Group 3: Ritalin, Clonazepam, Valium, Xanax, Lorazepam, Anabolic steroids, and less than 300 mg of Hydrocodone.
- Penalty Group 4: Mixtures or compounds of a limited amount of narcotics and active medical ingredients.
Of these four penalty groups, there are five significant offenses that individuals are often arrested for in San Antonio. These are:
- Possession of a controlled substance(ex. cocaine, meth., THC-oil/wax, opiates)
- Possession of controlled substance with the intent to Manufacture or deliver/sell
- Drug trafficking
- Unlawful manufacturing
- Prescription fraud
Marijuana is classified independently- Poss. of Marijuana 4 oz. to 5 lbs.
Contact An Experienced San Antonio Drug Crime Lawyer Today
If you or someone you know is facing a drug charge in San Antonio, it is vital that you secure the services of an experienced drug crime attorney. Sophia Martinez can work diligently to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive aggressive legal representation. Sophia Martinez is a former Assistant District Attorney with over 25 years of experience representing those accused of drug crimes .
Contact us today at (210) 226-3000 for a free case consultation and personal review of you case. Get the help you need from Sophia C. Martinez, an experienced and tough drug crime attorney in San Antonio, TX.